This is a very important study on vitamin D and Covid-19. Its findings are incredibly clear. An 80% reduction in need for ICU and a 60% reduction in deaths, simply by giving a very cheap and very safe therapy – calcifediol, or activated vitamin D.
In this article, we aim to develop a political economy of mass hysteria. Using the background of COVID-19, we study past mass hysteria. Negative information which is spread through mass media repetitively can affect public health negatively in the form of nocebo effects and mass hysteria. We argue that mass and digital media in connection with the state may have had adverse consequences during the COVID-19 crisis. The resulting collective hysteria may have contributed to policy errors by governments not in line with health recommendations. While mass hysteria can occur in societies with a minimal state, we show that there exist certain self-corrective mechanisms and limits to the harm inflicted, such as sacrosanct private property rights. However, mass hysteria can be exacerbated and self-reinforcing when the negative information comes from an authoritative source, when the media are politicized, and social networks make the negative information omnipresent. We conclude that the negative long-term effects of mass hysteria are exacerbated by the size of the state.
— Read on www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/4/1376/htm
1. Public health guidelines, in the WHO's case, refreshed in late 2019, ruled out lockdowns & most of the mandated NPIs being deployed.
2. The guidelines were trashed on the Chinese say-so, relayed by WHO's Bob Aylward, without evidence.
3. Overwhelmingly, the data tell us that lockdowns don't save lives.
4. Claims about lockdown efficacy have pretty much retreated to the domain of some hand-waving about NZ and Aus, despite the fact that they just happen to be the ones locking down amid a vast sea of zilch.
5. The idea that it is the epidemic, not the lockdowns, that caused the insane level of damage we have witnessed, which will surely lead to death way beyond what Covid has delivered, doesn't stack up against the '57-'58 flu impact, or common sense.
6. The damage is exacerbated by an unprecedented shift in wealth & income from the poor to the rich.
7. Good models teach us that lockdowns are expected to shift disease burden to the vulnerable, encourage tricky variants and keep us in flux for longer than necessary.
8. Lockdowns & fear-mongering have been used to kill the democratic processes that would allow the vulnerable people abused by them to defenestrate their overlords, & the free speech that would allow them to talk about that.
9. Lockdowners have won a battle, but will lose a war.
Evidence in favour of Ivermectin for treatment of Covid-19 keeps stacking up.
For the 24 states with early IVM treatment (and Lima), excess deaths dropped 59% (25%) at +30 days and 75% (25%) at +45 days after day of peak deaths. Case fatalities likewise dropped sharply in all states but Lima, yet six indices of Google-tracked community mobility rose over the same period. For nine states having mass distributions of IVM in a short timeframe through a national program, Mega-Operación Tayta (MOT), excess deaths at +30 days dropped by a population-weighted mean of 74%, each drop beginning within 11 day after MOT start. Extraneous causes of mortality reductions were ruled out. These sharp major reductions in COVID-19 mortality following IVM treatment thus occurred in each of Peru’s states, with such especially sharp reductions in close time conjunction with IVM treatments in each of the nine states of operation MOT. Its safety well established even at high doses, IVM is a compelling option for immediate, large scale national deployments as an interim measure and complement to pandemic control through vaccinations.