In this day and age people are obsessed with worthless things:
- satisfaction is sought in the material things
- people are overly concerned with their bodies, and
- overly concerned with the planet
But the Bible tells us that:
- focussing on material things is foolish (Luke 12:13–21)
- our present bodies are perishable no matter what (1 Corinthians 15:42)
- the planet as we know it is headed for a great fire (2 Peter 3:7,10)
Bad news. And although we are responsible for the bad news, God doesn’t leave us without the Good News:
- there’s a way to focus on things that are above (Matthew 6:19–21)
- there’s a way to get a brand new indestructible body (1 Corinthians 15:42)
- there’s a way to inherit a new earth also (Revelation 21:1)
The greatest problem of every man and woman is not their lack of wealth, their decaying bodies, their illnesses, or the planet being polluted. Those are only the symptoms of the real problem: sin. And the greatest consequence of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
Mankind’s sin caused all that. But Jesus has redeemed all of it, and appointed a time when the new will overcome the old forever. Meanwhile, he extends this offer to you, too:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
Your greatest problem is that you’ll die. And the reason you’ll die is that, like anyone else, you’re guilty before God. But God was willing to let His Son pay your fine, so that you, through faith in His work on your behalf, might go free and have eternal life. Repent (i.e. change your mind) and trust in Jesus.